You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

09KR0058

Tuesday, October 13th 2015, 6:11pm

Can't Access Hunter Pro-C Programs B or C

I have a Hunter Pro-C that is about 6 years old and has been working fine. I only use one program for my 6 stations and have not had any issues. However, I just did an aeration and overseeding and thought I could setup another program for watering the next couple weeks. I have only used program "A" for all these years and now want to use "B" and turn "A" off for a while.

According to the instructions, I turn the dial to the SET PROGRAM START TIMES position. Next, it says "The factory preset is set on program A. If necessary, you can select program B or C by pressing the PRG button." However, when I press the PRG button, nothing changes. On the display, I can see that I'm on program A, and the start time for A is flashing, but pressing the PRG button does not change to program B or even C. Any idea why I can't get to the other two programs?

My goal here is to set program B to run each station for 3 minutes, twice a day, every day, for the next couple weeks, and turn progam A off so that it does not run during this time. Once the grass is growing well, I'd turn program B off and program A back on.

Glad I found this site today. Lots of great information here!

Thank You

09KR0058

Tuesday, October 13th 2015, 6:42pm

Well, nevermind. After reading through the ENTIRE manual again, I realized that I had set the program customization feature under hidden features. There, you can set the controller for Limited Mode (1 program/1 start time), which I did after the system was installed. Just changed it to Normal Mode (2 programs/4 start times). I now have program B set for the twice-daily 3 minute watering and program A turned off.

FYI, program customization is accessed by holding the "-" button while in Run mode, then turning the dial to SET DAYS TO WATER, then releasing the "-" button. There you choose Limited Mode, Normal Mode or Advanced Mode (3 programs/4 start times).

Rate this thread