You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

maximus20895

Sunday, October 4th 2015, 8:24pm

Help with Head Placement.

Hello,

I have been reading tons of threads on here as well as irrigation tutorials. I have been trying to add heads myself, but I am just getting frustrated. This is much harder than I thought. On the right side, it seems that there are some places that only get watered by one head (marked with an X).

I think that the front mini yard is okay, but I just want to make sure. As for the back and the left side yard I have no idea. I don't know what to do in that tiny area, and the backyard, since it's not a rectangle is kinda confusing.Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 4th 2015, 9:17pm

The front yard works chiefly because you placed a head in each corner. You should consider doing the same in the other lawn areas, just to get you started on a different line of thinking. While they do make tiny spray nozzles to cover a 5-foot radius, you could also use drip irrigation for the tiny areas.

maximus20895

Sunday, October 4th 2015, 9:37pm

Thanks! I haven't looked much into drip irrigation so I will do that tonight!

What about the right side, some of the sections are only being covered by one head (is that bad)?

I also split the backyard up into two squares, but I still have two tiny sections right below it that I need some help with.

I really appreciate it!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 5th 2015, 7:28am

Look for more and better corners. Think of it, the backyard especially, like one of those "how many squares" puzzles done with matchsticks.

maximus20895

Monday, October 5th 2015, 6:17pm

Alright, this is what I came up with. The colored box on the left side is the AC; backyard is non-watered area; right side is trash can. The lines on the left side are side strips and left/right strips.

Please let me know how I can improve. I worked harder than I should have doing this. I guess I am just anal about not putting more heads in and being as efficient as possible.

Thanks again! :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 6th 2015, 6:36am

Why not submit your blank diagram to Rainbird.com and see what they suggest for a design?

maximus20895

Wednesday, October 7th 2015, 1:06pm

Thanks!

I sent it yesterday and I will report back to what they say!

maximus20895

Tuesday, October 13th 2015, 8:38pm

I had someone come out today and give me a quote. He quoted $5,000 for 14 sprays and 28 rotaries (all rainbird) with 6 Irritrol valves. I thought that was quite a bit. I looked at SprinklerWarehouse and I could get everything minus the PVC for around $600. How much does labor cost!

Evergreen Sprinkler

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 12:42pm

The contractors around here usually double to triple the cost of materials for a labor cost.

maximus20895

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 1:07pm

This guy must really like his employees. Everything minus the PVC and fittings is around $600 or so..

BTW: Fix your URL so it works properly :P

Rate this thread