You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 11:13pm

Drip System with Puddles Closer to the Valve

Just converted the turf to drought tolerant landscape. A drip system has been installed with 3 zones. Each of the zones have a pressure regulators. I am having an issue with one zone which covers a large portion of the area. The drip line that was used was 1.0 GPH, with 12" between holes. I am seeing a lot of puddles closer to the valves. There are 3 flush valves on that zone, and I see the that the closest one has a fair amount of pressure when pressed, and the second one has a little bit, and the furthest one has almost nothing. I am not sure what is going on.

Thoughts please.

Thanks in advance.

Evergreen Sprinkler

Thursday, September 24th 2015, 1:00pm

It depends on what kind of drip line was used. Does it have check valve emitters and is it pressure compensating? Does it puddle up after its off or while it's on? The difference in pressure may due to the station being too big and using too much drip line. If the line is over 200' in lenght you will start running out off water, specially if you have pressure regulators starting you out at a low pressure.

Rate this thread