You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aerodan1

Saturday, September 19th 2015, 7:29pm

Riser assembly for rotors

Hi,

What do you all prefer for riser assembly for Hunter PGP's? Right now I plan to use funny pipe with a 3/4 x 1/2 MPT x insert fitting at each end. I know some like the ridgid swing joints like the Hunter SJ - 712 (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Irrigation-Swing-Joint-Fittings-p/sj-712.htm).

There will be a commercial mower used in the yard also. Thanks

Dan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 20th 2015, 10:58am

Marlex elbows (M412-007 or M412-005) are the best choice to interface with sprinkler heads. Self-sealing plastic, so no teflon tape is ever needed on a marlex connection, and two elbows (one of them a swing pipe MPT x barb elbow) under a head make it a full swing joint.

aerodan1

Sunday, September 20th 2015, 9:26pm

The Marlex fittings do sound very good to me from all I've read, thinking I will pick some up this week before installing the heads.
Marlex elbows (M412-007 or M412-005) are the best choice to interface with sprinkler heads. Self-sealing plastic, so no teflon tape is ever needed on a marlex connection, and two elbows (one of them a swing pipe MPT x barb elbow) under a head make it a full swing joint.

Rate this thread