You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Smigl84

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 3:11pm

Risers/Nozzles changing directions

Hello there,

I can't seem to Google or search for the right phrase, so I thought I'd post and see if I can catch anything.

Basically, I have about three of my sprinklers in my system that always change direction whenever they turn on. I have righted the risers and nozzles multiple times and put them back in their correct direction, but every time (even if I turn off and immediately turn on my system) they continue pop up and are turned slightly and spraying off the mark.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or missing to tighten/adjust?

Thanks!

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 5:16pm

Are these spray heads?

Do they ratchet when you turn them? Most spray heads have these little pieces with teeth on them that attach to the base of the riser. If these are missing or broken the riser will not stay in place.

Smigl84

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 7:36pm

I don't hear any ratcheting noises, but when I turn the riser it kind of sounds like plastic just rubbing together (maybe like rubbing your hand against a balloon). I'm pretty sure they just need to be replaced. I believe they're the same heads that have been in since the house was built in 2001.

Evergreen Sprinkler

Friday, September 11th 2015, 10:44am

Hunter SRS spray heads we re notorious for doing this. The only fix for this would be to replace the popup with a new one that has a good ratcheting riser. I like the Hunter pro spray or the Rainbird 1804.

Rate this thread