You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

L&scapr

Starting Member

Sunday, September 6th 2015, 2:19pm

Richdel 508PR problem

Yesterday our Richdel 508 PR controller was working fine. Today, when I wanted to manually run Zone 5, it wouldn't run (no water running to zone). I tried Zone 7, it works, heads pop, ditto Zone 2.
Zone 4 & 1 are also not working on the manual setting. (currently, we aren't running Zone 3 & 6 as they need repairs)
Any thoughts as to why some zones are working on the manual setting and others aren't? First time this has ever happened. System is 27 yo.
TIA

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 9:28am

Typically, when several zones suddenly stop working I think wiring issue. As old as your system is it could be a timer or a valve issue. If you take one of the wires from a working zone and move it to the controller port for a nonworking zone you'll be able to tell whether or not the controller is the problem. Probably time for an update anyway.

Rate this thread