You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.




Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 8:23am

Old Hunter G-type... adjusting

Hello sprinkler experts! I am a home owner with a fair amount of sprinkler experience but I recently moved into a new home and the sprinkler system has old Hunter Professional G-Type sprinklers that need to be adjusted and I can seem to figure out how to do that. The heads look like I should be able to insert a tool as per normal, but it appears as if the adjustments are covered by plastic?? I tried to find a manual on these but the best I have been able to find is some images on the Hunter website that look similar but that don't show any details... (basically they want you to buy new ones). Anyway, is there a cover that needs to be removed and if so can anyone point me in the right direction?



Posts: 2,319

Location: USA


Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 11:10am

The older Hunter rotors can be a pain in the butt to adjust but here's a video showing how.

First of all if the plastic top is covering the holes try to turn it until the holes are in the right position.

You're probably going to have a problem manually turning the rotor back n forth during adjustment. It can be frustrating. The old ones will stop before you want them to. I have to let the sprinkler run to reach it's full arc to see the adjustment. I find it easier to just replace the head sometimes.

Good luck!

Rate this thread