You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AHarris

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 9:18pm

Rainbird RC-4Bi timer/clock stopped working - How do I determine what's wrong and how to fix it?

I have a Rainbird RC-4Bi timer/clock that just stopped working. I can manually turn it on and it will engage the zone, but will not advance at all, thus it would run that zone forever. The day and hours no longer advance. I've checked the 1.5A fuse and it was fine and even replaced it just in case. The issue still persist. How do I determine what's wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 17th 2015, 6:22am

The clock's main timing motor has failed. Rainbird no longer offers replacements, and even if you could buy a replacement, it would cost more than a brand-new controller.

AHarris

Monday, August 17th 2015, 6:53am

Another question, please?

Thanks for your quick response!
Is it easy to replace this controller with a new one? What model would you recommend that will allow me to interchangeably replace my existing one. OR - Do I need to hire a professional to do this?

AHarris

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 7:04am

Replaced Rain Bird RC-4Bi with Rain Bird 4-Zone Simple-To-Set Irrigation Timer Model #: SST-400I

I ended up purchasing the Rain Bird 4-Zone Simple-To-Set Irrigation Timer Model #: SST-400I for around $50. It was a snap to replace my broken RC-4Bi. The new model is so easy to use and has a lot of great new features and I can add a rain sensor if I'd like.
Thanks again,
Alan

Evergreen Sprinkler

Thursday, August 20th 2015, 1:08pm

I have a Rainbird RC-4Bi timer/clock that just stopped working. I can manually turn it on and it will engage the zone, but will not advance at all, thus it would run that zone forever. The day and hours no longer advance. I've checked the 1.5A fuse and it was fine and even replaced it just in case. The issue still persist. How do I determine what's wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks, in advance, for your help!

The clock's main timing motor has failed. Rainbird no longer offers replacements, and even if you could buy a replacement, it would cost more than a brand-new controller.
Shoot..... I'm a few days short on reading this. Not that this helps much now but I have hundreds of those timing motors in stock for anybody looking to keep their RC clock running. We recently became a distributor for the motors and are buying them directly from the manufacturer that use to make them for Rainbird!

Rate this thread