You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wildfire

Unregistered

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 2:31pm

Sprinkler System little pressure

Hello guys,

Got a slight issue and looking for a bit of guidance. Just recently purchased a home. The previous owner said that the sprinkler system has not been used for quite some time. I replaced the controller and found 4 of the 6 valves. The 4 valves I did find are all getting current and are opening when activated. The issue that currently has me stuck is that only zone 2 has water at the valve and not much pressure. All the other valves are dry. I am assuming that the previous owner shut the water off to the system but I am having little luck finding the water main to the sprinkler system. Most systems I have seen have the main shutoff at the water main or outside near where the controller is but I have had no luck finding them at either location.

I am attaching photos of both locations. And advice on where or what to try next to get pressure to the system is much appreciated.

It is also worth noting that I have no idea why the previous owner did not say why he quit using the system. The main controller was fried so I am hoping that is why.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Wildfire

Unregistered

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 2:37pm

Here are some photos of my water main and the controller and where the controller exits the garage

Wildfire

Unregistered

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 3:39pm

Nevermind I am blind and didn't see it until I looked at my own pictures...

Quick question though. Anyone know how many turns usually is wide open for the sprinkler main for each gate (the valves on each side of the back flow preventer)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 4:43pm

How many turns? It varies. You generally turn the handle until it stops, then back off that stop just a bit, so there's less of a chance of handles sticking.

Rate this thread