You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Red-z

Friday, August 7th 2015, 4:36pm

Toro Vision II Series Zones Run All The Time

I have a Toro Vision II Series sprinkler system using Hunter sprinkler nozzles. The system is 15 years old.

I haven't run the sprinkler system since 2014, and when I turn it on, 2 of the 9 area zones run continuously, out of sequence, reducing the water pressure overall. The result is I don't get adequate coverage and the lawn is drying up. This strikes me as being a controller problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this to happen?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Red-z" (Aug 7th 2015, 4:53pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 8th 2015, 12:01pm

Does your system have a master valve? Stuck-open zones are usually a mechanical problem in the zone valves.

Red-z

Saturday, August 8th 2015, 3:52pm

I'll check. Where would the master valves be located?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 8th 2015, 5:35pm

You look at the wire connections on the controller. The reason for this question is that a master valve doesn't allow you to rule out a timer problem by simply pulling the plug.

Red-z

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 2:31pm

Where are the zone valves located? At the sprinkler head? Underground?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 4:41pm

Sounds like someone needs to get acquainted with troubleshooting a sprinkler system

Rate this thread