You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dug1967

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 5th 2015, 10:27pm

No zones turn on

I am lost here.

Until two days ago my system has worked fine.

Have an Orbit 9 zone controller and when I start the program cycle the display acts normal, each zone shows it is running and the time counts down. But the valve doesn't open and no water flows.

I have checked the voltage at the controller and when zone one is on, all zones have 27 volts at them. The same when any of the 9 zones are running.

I have checked the continuity across all 9 zones and there is continuity across all zones wires (checked at the controller).

The resistance across all zones is kind of around 26 ohms, it starts at around 4 ohms and keeps going up and kind of levels out at around 26 ohms, but none of the zones are OL.

Thus I am lost as to why none of the zones run.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Dug1967

Unregistered

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 6:54pm

Even more lost now...

I turned the system on tonight and it works fine.

Maybe the controller is flaking out......

mrfixit

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 9:38pm

If you have a master valve the diaphragm might be getting old.

If you have a rain sensor that could be the issue.

It could be that the common wire is loose somewhere and you have an intermittent problem.

I vote for the third option. Redo all the wire splices. Also make sure the wire's secure to the controller.

JKaris

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 26th 2015, 8:15pm

How to manually open sprinkler valve

I'm totally new to this. Just bought a house with a sprinkler system. Previous owner showed me how to use the control panel but now when I try it nothing happens.

How do I manually open a valve to see if it works. This is what I'm looking at:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 27th 2015, 8:50am

Is this a drip irrigation system? Can you see any make/model markings on the valves?

Rate this thread