You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 27th 2015, 12:05am

Richdel 512 PR controller

My Richdel controller - model 512 PR - will not let me set clock or set program. I press the "clock" and then "set time" key. time on the display does not start flashing as indicated in the operating manual. Any idea what is going on? I think there is a program that is running and sprinklers do come on. But we just moved in and would like to change the settings. When I try to change the program by pressing the "start A" and "set time" nothing changes again. Any idea what is going on? Thanks in advance.

mrfixit

Monday, July 27th 2015, 12:58am

Take the back up battery out and unplug the controller for 5 minutes.
When you plug it back in the controller should say SUN at 4:00 PM. If so you've reset the controller.
Now try to program again.
If it's not working I'd venture to say the buttons are worn out. That's a very old controller. Richdel's long gone.

Monday, July 27th 2015, 9:20pm

Thank you.

Thank you mrfixit. I was thinking of doing the same but didn't want to lose the programming that is in place now. But I guess I should line up a sprinkler controller in case this stops working. It is old indeed 25 years :)

Rate this thread