You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 4:17pm

Irritrol 2711APR -- Need troubleshooting advice.

Back in 2002 I designed (with much online help) and installed our irrigation system. All has worked fine except for a few valve problems. Usually I just replace them, but have read stuff online and it sounds like I should be able to fix them.

About a week ago I noticed that one valve was spewing water from the top of the anti-siphon valve. I pulled out all my old valves and tried cleaning and replacing parts with no success. I've swapped out every part, but nothing changes the situation. I have one new valve and I'm thinking of putting the innards in my old housing. If that doesn't work, I'm stuck with cut & paste (which I dread). With these symptoms (water from the anti-siphon) it seems it means the valve isn't opening correctly? Am I right? Yet none of the parts look worn. I'm desperate to understand and fix this. ;(

My lawn will thank you! Thanks in advance for your help.

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 5:56pm

"top of the valve" is not specific enough - a photo of the leak would help immensely

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 10:07pm

I am the problem.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I found the source of the problem: dirty filter. Once I cleaned the Y filter ahead of the valve (at my husband's suggestion) everything was back to normal. Good lesson.

Rate this thread