You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 11:48am

Popup sprinkler not covering the 2 feet at its base.

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

There is a triangular area on my front lawn that has only one sprinkler covering it.
The problem is all the grass near the base is dead because the sprinkler does not drop any water there.

I've replaced the landscaper provided sprinkler nozzle (a rainbird 1/4) with a rainbird 4-VAN Variable Arc Nozzle that has a 3'-9' range.
This is the lowest distance I could find on the web. Even this is not covering the 2' to 3' near the sprinkler base at the minimum adjustment level.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bird-4-VAN-Variable-Arc-Nozzle-4VAN/203354580

I have also tried an Orbit 1/4 Pattern Brass Twin Spray Nozzle, it had the same end result.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-15-ft-1-4-Pattern-Brass-Twin-Spray-Nozzle-53217L/203106502

Here is a picture. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 12:21pm

What are the dimensons of this strip of lawn?

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 1:25pm

What are the dimensons of this strip of lawn?
its about 10' long and 4' wide. It ends at the water meter blocks that are visible past the street lamp

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 8:28pm

You probably have low pressure at that head. You might actually do better to place a pair of sprays at the other end of the strip, and spray towards the driveway. The sprays would be the MP Rotator strip sprays. One left corner and one right corner. They have adjustment screws to reduce spray distance if needed.

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 9:23am

You probably have low pressure at that head. You might actually do better to place a pair of sprays at the other end of the strip, and spray towards the driveway. The sprays would be the MP Rotator strip sprays. One left corner and one right corner. They have adjustment screws to reduce spray distance if needed.
Sounds like a good idea, Is there an easy way to split the irrigation piping ?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:32am

Use swing pipe and fittings to 'connect the dots'

Rate this thread