You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pouchie

Starting Member

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 10:57am

Blocked Zone

Thanks for allowing me to post.
So I recently had a trenching project which resulted in damaged sprinkler lines, upon repair, one of my zones doesn't work and is exhibiting extremely low flow. I've done the following steps:
1- Check the valve, no problem.
2- Run the zone and discovered a leak, but a small leak, that might have been here for a while.
3- Repaired leak, but also check to see if the flow problem was present at this point in the line, no problem, water flowing great. BTW, the location of this leak is past the damaged portion from trenching job and 1/2 way to the begin of first head in zone.
4- Removed a few heads from the zone to look for obstructions, but all of them are acting the same, not obstruction in line.
At this point, I'm going to assume that the trenching might have caused a few rocks to enter this zone and are stuck in the system. Having repaired 2 sections, I've noticed the line goes from 1 inch to 3/4, but the blockage is past the point of the second repair. What I'm thinking is to force water thru one of the heads in the opposite direction to see if I can get the debris to come out, which I will undo my repair which is located at 1/2 point to the valve.
Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks

mrfixit

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 2:25pm

I would suggest that you force water thru one of the heads in the opposite direction to see if I can get the debris to come out.
There's a good chance that will work. But rocks can get jammed in there sometimes and wont come out with flushing.
I would look for a rock jammed at a fitting if flushing doesn't work. Possibly at the tee of the first head that isn't working. Or an elbow before the first head that isn't working.

Rate this thread