You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NABRIL

Thursday, May 14th 2015, 11:22am

ez flo fertigation vs a home made solution

I have a well-fed irrigation system, and in one of the zones, a dedicated pvc pipe (call it "orchid pipe") irrigates a bunch of orchids that are attached to a tree. That line is either a 1/2 or 3/4 inch pvc tube that has a rubber hose attached to it and rises 6 feet or so; a full circle, brass spray head on top gets all the orchids wet. MY wife usually sprays each orchid

I would like to install some sort of feeding concoction on that orchid pipe so that my wife can add orchid food. I came across the ez flo stuff, and it appears to be the intelligent solution - the ez flo 2005-hb and the cbvt ball valve; it is not too expensive

I was also thinking of some type of homemade solution of attaching some sort of container that attaches to that orchid pipe and by virtue of the contact with the contents, the food will flow down the pipe. I thought about using an inline chlorinator to house the orchid food, and as water flows through it, the food wood flow out the opposite side. Here is an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HydroTools-87502-In-Line-Above-Ground-Swimming-Pool-Automatic-Chlorine-Feeder-/231556188360?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e9d308c8

Inline chlorinators have a dial that allows to regulate the flow, so that is a plus. However, most of them require 1.5 inch pvc connections, and with my thinner orchid pipe, I would have to use a lot of reducers.

Again, the price difference is not outrageous between EZ flo and the chlorinator concept, though the chlorinators are a bit cheaper.

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Rate this thread