You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bzybee08

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 12th 2015, 7:10am

New Water Meter

We had a new water meter installed for the irrigation. Currently, the water meters are on the right side of the house and the main water goes under the driveway and comes into the crawl space on the left side of the house.

I was initially told that if I wanted to hook up the back flow preventor to the new meter, I have to move the BFP from the crawl space to next to the new meter and run new pvc pipe down the right side of the house and into the crawl space behind the garage. Either that or dig a 24" trench all the way down the right side.

However, I just read that when running pipes under concrete that they have to put in an access sleeve? So to install a new pipe I could just run it the same way under the concrete and into the left side of the house as the current main?

Obviously, once it comes out of the driveway I would need to dig down to find the main line since I doubt they used access sleeve all the way to the house?.

Sorry if this is confusing.. never realized that adding a new meter was going to be such a headache and cost.

Rate this thread