You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

imtiaz78

Monday, December 1st 2014, 4:21pm

Richdel 1" 713APR Solenoid , Bonnet and Diaphram

I have a sprinkler system with a Richdel 1" 713APR valve.

Someone opened the valve to check it (maintenance) and tried to put it back together , in the process messed it up somehow :cursing:.
He did not align the diaphragm correctly and initial it was leaking.
We got that fixed by opening the valve and putting it back together correctly.

It does not leak but only now works only when I manually bled it.

We thinks its either the Solenoid or the diaphragm so wanted to replace it.

Tried getting parts from the Local Homedepot but the solenoids on new valve are different now(assembly has a knob , mine does not) and come to know that Richdel are not manufactured anymore.
Changing the entire valve would be expensive and involving cutting the PVC pipes that I would like to avoid.

I was thinking about replacing the entire top bonnet so that it gets a fresh start.

Can I buy a 205TF and get the top bonnet and diaphragm and the Solenoid ?
Top bonnet(screws) , solenoid looks fairly close to mine and looks like a match
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Valve-p/205tf.htm

Thanks for your help

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "imtiaz78" (Dec 1st 2014, 4:48pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, December 1st 2014, 4:59pm

The 205TF is the parts source for a replacement bonnet (and diaphragm and solenoid) for the Richdel 713APR (and 711APR)

Just be sure that the original solenoid is not a 120 volt model. Check your controller to be sure.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Dec 1st 2014, 6:04pm)

imtiaz78

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 9:34am

Thanks!

The Original Solenoid is 24V.
Is the 205TF 24v as well then it would be a match :thumbsup:

irrigirl

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 9:35am

The replacement information I have from Irritrol says to use parts from the 2700 series valves to replace Richdel 711/713 valves. The Richdel/Irritrol 205 and 700 series use different parts, besides the solenoid--R811--which has an equivalent of L10000 from Lawn Genie. The 205 does use the same diaphragm as the Rainjet 711, but not the Richdel 711. :)

Richdel 711/713
http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irrigati…pr-repair-parts

Irritrol 2711/2713

http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irrigati…s-2711-2713-apr

Irritrol 205

http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irrigati…ve-repair-parts

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Dec 3rd 2014, 4:15pm)

mrfixit

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 5:34pm

Irrigirl I appreciate your effort but all of the information given in your reply is incorrect.

The diaphragm and bonnet of the 2711 is totally different from the Richdel 700 series.

The 205 and the Richdel 700 series DO use the same parts.

The 2700 series is the correct valve to buy if you're replacing the entire 700 series valve. But not for repair parts other than the parts on the backflow side of the valve. I wouldn't even recommend it for the solenoid for the Richdel bonnet.

mrfixit

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 5:45pm

Hey imtiaz78. The guy probably pinched the nipple on the bonnet when he reinstalled it crooked.

Replacing the bonnet on a 711 or 205 is tricky. Here's a tip.

Install the diaphragm onto the bonnet first then put the whole thing onto the valve all at once being very careful to line the screws up correctly.

If you place the diaphragm onto the valve then try to install the bonnet, the spring presses down on the diaphragm moving it all over the place. Don't do that.

Install the spring and diaphragm to the bonnet first. Press the diaphragm against the bonnet so the spring is compressed then insert all the screws. Turn them so 3 threads are showing past the diaphragm. Pull the screws back so the diaphragm is tight against the bonnet. Then be very careful aligning everything and quickly place the bonnet onto the valve. Wiggle it around a bit to make sure it's in the right spot. It should be sealed against the valve now with you holding it in place. Now tighten the screws....

Good luck!

irrigirl

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 9:09am

Perhaps I have the wrong info.. I would really like to confirm this to make sure I'm giving the right info to our customers. I'll have to email my superiors and double check on that. Just looking at the parts lists from my last post, it appears they use different parts. Unless that Richdel parts list is wrong? :huh:

imtiaz78

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 12:17pm

Thanks

Thanks MrFixit,
I have ordered the 205 yesterday and will use the handy tips from you when replacing the bonnet this weekend. I appreciate all the help! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

irrigirl, I think irritrol has outdated information.
I called them on 1800-634-8873. The rep suggested i use diaphragm 539001 , but that does not look right.
They say Richdel 713APR is a very old valve and they don't have the specifications sheet on it

Will let the forum know how the 205 parts fit in and my experience.
Glad to have found this forum

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 12:51pm

Perhaps I have the wrong info.. I would really like to confirm this to make sure I'm giving the right info to our customers. I'll have to email my superiors and double check on that. Just looking at the parts lists from my last post, it appears they use different parts. Unless that Richdel parts list is wrong? :huh:
Here's the easy-to-see clue. Look for a metal band under the cover screws. A metal band means the old valve design with the old flat rubber diaphragm. That old design is still manufactured in the form of the 205TF. Where it might get confusing is that the vacuum breaker design is the same on all the Richdel antisyphon valves, so those repair parts only are interchangeable among valves of the same pipe size.

And just to complete the antisyphon valve roster are the original part numbers Richdel used for the valve in the photo, R713 (and R711 for the 3/4-inch version). They came up with the more complicated part numbers when they introduced a jar-top version of the antisyphon valves (which carried the model numbers 713DPR and 711DPR)

(and we won't even get into the original-original Richdel antisyphon valves, that were actually a manual antisyphon body, with a valve converter threaded onto it :rolleyes: )

irrigirl

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 1:18pm

So so so confusing but thanks guys for the information! I'll hopefully be recieving a cross reference list soon for some help.

I also constantly get the same question about the solenoid on Richdel/Rainjet/LG valves and still have no straight answer... Pertaining to some customers purchasing a solenoid that appears to be too small or large? Not sure what to reccommend for solenoid. Irritrol only gives us so much information on older valves unless I specifically ask.. And apparently sometimes non-accurate information from my Irritrol peers. Please let me know if you have any more tips for replacing parts between the new and old.

(I could probably start a whole new thread on this. :rolleyes: )