You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member


Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 4:52pm

rainjet valve leaking

I have an old rainjet valve that is leaking. I think it is the diaphragm. On the sprinkler warehouse website, it lists several irritrol diaphragms. Which one of these will work for me? My system is labeled rainjet classic, 3/4" valve, 150psi max 110degrees water max and the numbers 10011990. I f you are not sure, do you know who handles rainjet parts. I live in San Diego or does anyone know how to contract sprinkler warehouse by phone or be email?



Posts: 2,392

Location: USA


Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 8:04pm

The valve that replaces the Rainjet Classic is fairly inexpensive. I suggest you replace the entire valve.

With that said, I've repaired many Rainjet valves myself for various reasons.

It depends on what the bonnet of your valve looks like. I don't remember if the older 711 style Rainjet said Classic on it or not.
Does the top of the valve look like Click on me
or does it look like this. Click

Pick one and I can tell you exactly what to do.


Active Member


Thursday, November 6th 2014, 8:24am

Is it an in line or anti-siphon?

The only in-line valve left is the 54048. Parts are no longer supported. You would have to buy the whole valve and take parts from it.

The only RJ 3/4 anti-siphon valve that is left in the Lawn Genie inventory is the 54000 Classic. Sometimes Lawn Genie is sold at Home Depot, you may be able to find the entire valve there--not parts. The correct diaphragm is model 54006, which is sold through the Lawn Genie website. I would say though, if you are going to replace the entire valve, go with the Irritrol 2711 series--it is the replacement for the RJ711, which is the equivalent for the RJ54000. Lawn Genie is out of business and almost extinct. It would be pointless for you to install a new valve that will soon no longer be supported.

Manuals for 54000 and 54048 is at the bottom of this page:

Where you can buy parts:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "irrigirl" (Nov 6th 2014, 8:33am)


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,330

Location: Metro NYC


Thursday, November 6th 2014, 10:47am

If your Rainjet valve is the old antisyphon type, that has a metal plate under the cover screws, it is long out of production. You can buy replacement diaphragms for it, and you can also buy replacements and kits to repair it when water is constantly leaking out of the vacuum breaker cover while a zone is on. What you will have trouble finding easily is a replacement cover/bonnet with the flow control. It isn't a bad idea to have a complete new Irritol 205TF valve around to harvest repair parts from, especially the otherwise hard-to-find cover/bonnet.



Posts: 2,392

Location: USA


Thursday, November 6th 2014, 11:35pm

Yes you can get parts for your anti-syphon valve. Parts are also available for the inline valves. You just have to buy a different brand and know what works and what doesn't. It pays to have experience.

If your valve has the metal plate on top you can just tighten down the screws to stop it from leaking out the diaphragm. Many of the 711's would leak after a few years. I always tightened down the screws before installing a new 711 to keep that from happening.

Just buy a 2711APR to replace a 3/4 inch valve.

Rate this thread