You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Wednesday, April 20th 2005, 9:32am

Question About Water Pressure

I finally installed a water pressure gage on my system to see what PSI I am getting and that raises another question. On zone 1 which has 12 pop up spray heads I get a reading of 35psi. Zone 2 has 9 rotary heads and I get a reading of 60psi. The answer sounds obvious, but since I am fairly new to this I want to make sure I am going about this the correct way. Should I base my nozzle selection on the PSI I get on each zone? As an example let's take two zones with 9 rotary heads. Zone 1 has a PSI of 50 and zone 2 has a PSI of 60... clearly each zone would require a different set of nozzles to get the same precipitation rate between zones. Does that sound right or am I way off base? I have a pump and well system so how can I acurately measure my gpm when I get different pressure readings on each zone?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 21st 2005, 5:49am

think of it in these terms. Forget what you know about your system now. Design each zone for the same gpm by selecting different nozzles. If you do that then the preessure will be the same for all zones. Now for precip rotors will have less precip rate than sprays because your water output is the same(because you designed them the same) but the sprays cover a smaller area. So with the sprays your pouring the same amount of water into a smaller area. Make sence so far? so now your will adjust your timer to water alonger time in the rotor zones.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread