You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member


Monday, September 27th 2004, 6:19pm

Rain Bird System ( I think)

I just purchased an old home which seems to have a 3 sprinkler head system installed. The valve system appears to be broken and I cannot seem to shut the system off when the water line is turned on...The valve looks similar to the Rainbird ASVF-series, the one I have does not have any markings on it that I can find and it seems to be alot older of a model if so. Also the sprinkler heads do say rain bird... Anyway , please bear with me if Im not making too much sense. The sprinkler heads also seem broken as the they don't spray well. They are marked 1800. What do I need to purchase as far as a new valve and new heads. Do I need the whole sprinkler spray or can I just get the heads. Any help would be appreciated.




Supreme Member

Posts: 372

Location: USA


Tuesday, October 5th 2004, 7:54am

You should be able to just buy new spray nozzles or maybe even just clean the current nozzles. It is easy to replace the valve just go to sprinkler warehouse and buy the rain bird Asvf. then take a hack saw and cut the old pipe just under the valve buy some new fittings for the new valve and install it. Wiring is very easy too if yiou are just replacing a vale.



Advanced Member

Posts: 106

Location: USA


Sunday, October 31st 2004, 2:19pm

Yes ,just replace the valve and heads then you will not have any troble for a while .

Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting

Rate this thread