You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, July 31st 2006, 9:04pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BradMM</i>
<br />This is my first post but I have to say that people who don't understand the design process may perhaps not understand the scope of their questions. I thought using the tutorials was a reasonable response considering the breadth of the question.

What I haven't seen here (did I just miss it?) is the "design capacity" of the system which will determine the maximum flow (gpm) of any one section. Without that info, you really can't zone your system effectively.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

We've already been given enough info to make an educated guess at Ritchie Rich's design capacity of about 12gpm (lots of pressure, 3/4 meter, 1" service line). From there you have to know the flow rate of the nozzles you plan on using to determine how many nozzles you can put on a single circuit. From there you start working out friction losses to determine feild line pipe size, etc.

Rate this thread