You are not logged in.

Allen

Starting Member

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 11:38am

Leaking Watts backflow device

I have a Watts backflow device that eats O-rings. I can run about 12-15 hours before the O-ring blows and I end up with a fountain in my yard. Is this a systemic problem with this product or is there something else happening that would cause this even if I put on a different system?

mama gump

Starting Member

Monday, May 8th 2006, 11:07am

I hope you will get a response! My watts backflow preventer is leaking. It appears to be a slow leak from the relief valve, then run around the unit where it drips off the bottom.

Before re-installing (for the second time), I tried to undo the nuts and take a look inside, but they would not budge!!

I don't know if I have the unit screwed on too tight at the connections at either end, if I need a new O ring, or what.....

I just can't afford a repairman right now....

tehachapibackflow

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 6:40pm

The only advice that I can offer is: if at all possible change out the watts and install a wilkins 975XL this assembly is easy to work on a will not fail as often as a junk watts or febco.

Tyler Napier

xpedient

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 5:53pm

Install a Febco 825Y..

Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread