You are not logged in.

alscarpati

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 2:02am

Hardie TC6-IN Controller Short

I have a Hardie Total Control 6 station indoor controller that is about 8 years old. Recently all 4 zones say "short" on the contoller whether in auto or manual modes. I lifted the zone wiring and common for each zone from the circuit board and measured with an ohmeter and got a reading of 26 ohms for each one. The input transformer is producing 28 VAC to the system. I checked the rain sensor and the wiring is intact - no shorts etc. I tried resetting the controller several times to no avail. I removed the ribbon connector and reseated it as well. Even with the rain sensor activated, breaking the common, it reads short when you try to manually start any of the 4 stations. Any ideas? It seems unlikely that all 4 zone valves would go bad. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
Al

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 3:09am

Total Control has been notorious for bad boards.....replace it I think is the easiest fix.

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

alscarpati

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 4:51am

Hey Sprinklerguy:

Thanks for the info and quick repsonse.

Al[:)]
Al

alscarpati

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 4:58am

Quoted

<i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i>
<br />Total Control has been notorious for bad boards.....replace it I think is the easiest fix.

Again thanks for the info. Do you have a recommendation for a replacement? Thanks again.
Al

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 4:18am

How about the same timer?

The newer versions will have a 5 year warranty...in case of a bad board again..unless it is determined that lightning caused the damage.

If not the same type...go with a Rainbird ESP...very easy to program...
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

alscarpati

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 7:02am

Thanks for all your help. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i>
<br />How about the same timer?

The newer versions will have a 5 year warranty...in case of a bad board again..unless it is determined that lightning caused the damage.

If not the same type...go with a Rainbird ESP...very easy to program...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Al

Rate this thread