You are not logged in.

abm234

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 6:52pm

did I screw up/will this work

Rainbird designed a system for me based on a static pressure of 80 and 8 gpm. It called for 3/4 inch poly pipe and valves. 2 of my 5 zones have 6 rotators 1 zone has 7. So on Thurs I rented a machine and pulled 1000 ft of 3/4inch poly. I have since found out all the pros around here use 1 inch pipe. Now I'm worried that I messed up and this thing is not going to work. Any advice?
Dan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 11:29pm

At 8 gpm, you should be okay. The 1 inch pipe allows for higher flows. In any event, you can always use different rotor nozzles to balance things out.

abm234

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 6:54am

Thank you for the reply. Would it help any to connect 1 inch valves to the 3/4 inch pipe or to add another zone? Or should I just leave it as rainbird designed it. Thanks
Dan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:12am

If you already have 3/4 inch valves, stick with them. Most pros only use 1 inch valves, regardless of the pipe size, in order to simplify their inventory. That reasoning would apply to their only using 1 inch pipe, as well, regardless of flow.

If there is a surplus or deficiency in the sprinkler pressure, you should be able to compensate for it by changing the nozzles, once you've seen the as-designed performance.

Rate this thread