You are not logged in.

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:48am

Hunter PGJ or Spray Heads

I have been reading on this forum for the past two days and haven't found a really good comparison between the Hunter PGJ and a typical spray head for smaller confined spaces.

My problem is that I am redoing my sprinkler system in my back yard. The reason for the change is that we recently had a fence installed around my backyard which in order to not spray my fence I need to do a complete overhaul of my sprinkler system.

Special Caveats for my lawn is that the road actually goes around my house making my yardage into a penisula type of shape. With the road coming back around the tip of my front yard not pictured. The area I am concerned with is the 15' area on each side of the back yard between the fence and the road.

My Problem is that I need to put sprays or the PGJ in the area of 15' between the fence and the road on each side of my yard. Would I be better off going with Half Circle Sprays in this area or going with the PGJ's.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
-John

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 12:59pm

PGJ's are brand new this year, popup spray heads have been reliable for decades. Not a hard call at this point in time.

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:31pm

I appreciate the reply... Im not that worried about the newness of the product because Hunter has a good name and makes a good rotor... But with that being said would like to know if anyone has used them yet and what they thought after a few months or just a few weeks of operation...

I totally like the idea of a mini rotor in place of the sprays... I have a few sprays in my yard now and its been difficult to eliminate overspray on my sidewalk and driveway... I can't allow this new zone to be spraying my new cedar fence and deteriorating(sp?) it.

I will go with sprays if noone has used the PGJ's just because I would rather deal with the overspray than a buggy rotor that requires constant attention to keep running.

Thanks
-John

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 9:40am

a general rule of thumb:

use spray heads for areas up to 15'

use small rotors (hunter pgj or rainbird 3500's)for areas between 15' to 25'

use larger throw rotors (hunter pgp's, I-20's or Rainbird 5000's) for areas above 25'

jcruce13

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 11:40am

Thanks Tom... I'll go with Sprays...

Rate this thread