You are not logged in.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 17th 2005, 11:08am

Toro has made a few goofs in recent years, and there's a fair amount of substandard Toro stuff out there. Looking further back, Toro has also made some equipment that was more reliable than the top-selling sprinklers of today.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 17th 2005, 1:38pm

Professional grade Toro products, from what I worked with at the golf course, were decent products. Toro seems to be more geared towards manufacturing products for home improvement stores now, and that is where most homeowners buy irrigation products. Most all manufacturers, with the exception of Hunter, make both professional grade and home improvement store grade products. The products bought from these home improvement stores, such as Home Depot and Lowes, are far inferior to those of professional grade, and generally offer no service and a 1 year warranty tops.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 5:38pm

you can even buy toro heads at Ace hardware stores and taht says it all, not heavy duty. Go with the I-20 stainless, much easier to adjust and will last much longer, besides Toro just *****. But if you have the open space and flow go with the I-25 Plus. Super head. I installed these on a job and they spray 75' with 80 psi. at 13 gpm.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 11:04pm

When I got my house I had 3 types of Impact sprinklers in my yard...

They were the following Impact sprinkers
SuperJet
RainBird
Toro

The SuperJet performed as good as the Rainbirds and had good even coverage.

The Toro's refused to cover the same spot twice with the same amount of water. It didn't matter how I adjusted them it just wasn't possible plus if a blade of grass even touched the sprinkler it would just hang up and stop. Thus a nice big brown spot. I replaced them with SuperJets cause I had no idea what I was doing and had never maintained a sprinkler system before...

I only have experience with the Toro Impact Sprinklers and they didn't work well at all.

I have now moved my system over to RainBird 5004PC and haven't looked back although I kinda miss the sound of my Impact Sprinklers.

Just my 2 cents...

Rate this thread