You are not logged in.


Starting Member

Posts: 1

Location: USA


Monday, October 3rd 2005, 1:37pm

what type of device do i need

i have a commercial customer that needs a 2" galv. water line in a freeze prone area installed, i am going to install a ball valve at the start of the line, but want a device that when i turn the ball valve off, will automaticly relieve pressure and drain this line so itdoes not freeze and break. what kind of device will i need.
thanks every one


Supreme Member

Posts: 4,823

Location: Metro NYC


Tuesday, October 4th 2005, 2:17pm

There is no such device, so far as I know. If the line is pressurized, turning the ball valve on and off isn't going to change that. If you can find a "stop and waste" type of ball valve, or maybe a "curb stop" valve with a drain that opens when the valve is off

Rate this thread