You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member


Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 7:30pm

Hunter HPV valve

Hi there, I just have a quick and probably dumb question. How can I tell the difference between an HPV valve with flow control and one without flow control simply by looking. I need to replace the one I currently have and I have no clue which one I should get. I can't find any numbers on the thing except 75-1026 which is hand written on the side and perhaps I am even misreading that. Any suggestions? Mine is currently being used on my ground source heat pump not any irrigation system...sorry. I did a yahoo search to try and find more info on this product and it led me here. I hope no one minds that I am using this board to get some help with this valve problem. I tried to ask a plumbing store and they tried to sell me a brand new valve that is three wire (so I can't exactly hook it up so easily myself) that will cost me $175.00 as opposed to $25.00 for an HPV. Please help if you are able. Thanks


New Member


Thursday, July 28th 2005, 11:11am

Not an expert but if you look at the brochure on the website it says the hpv-101g has flow control the hpv-100g does not..Check the website brochure at hunter industries and it will show you all the options and coding (slip vs threads; globe vs angle)


Supreme Member

Posts: 314

Location: USA


Thursday, July 28th 2005, 5:16pm

you can find all of the product information about Hunter Irrigation valves at - click on products, then on valves, then on the HPV
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread