You are not logged in.

maxima2k6

Monday, July 25th 2005, 6:27pm

priming pump

<b><font color="blue">Can someone walk me through on priming a 1/2 horse sears craftman pump. There appears to be alot of air bubbbles at the surface of the pump. I just tied in another well point. </font id="blue"></b>

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 25th 2005, 8:28pm

If you're sucking air though the point (incompletely sealed joints) it will never stay primed, if it can prime at all.

maxima2k6

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 6:17am

Yesterday I got the pump to prime. Pressure was good. I return back today and there was no water. I tried re-priming the pump and couldn't get it today. It prime yesterday, but not today. I did not do anything to the pipes leading to the well. My check valve however continues to have something caught up in so I cleaned it out. It also appears as if its letting the water drop back down. Any idea or advice. The pump i'm using is a rebuild sears craftman 1/2 horse. I wondering should I replace the check valve?

Anyone who has primed a pump before, walk me through if you would. One minute I get to prime, next time it takes forever.[:(!]Tks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 9:09am

Sometimes, the well point is clogged up, and inhibits the flow of water. A leaking check valve needs replacing.

Rate this thread