You are not logged in.

Bill Bohm

Starting Member

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 11:11am

Battery Controller recommendation needed

I'm looking for a recommendation on a battery Controller and valve combination for the following senario:

- I have 3/4 pipe with about 70 PSI, so I need a 3/4 valve.
- I can only water Wed./Fri./Sun. per city restrictions, so the controller needs to have day of week settings
- The controller needs to be battery powered
- I would like to put 3 heads on this to water a 20x40 foot area, will one valve work? or do I need multiples due to the 70 PSI?

Any suggestions on controller/valves I should buy?

Thanks,
Bill

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 6:00pm

Before looking into a controller, it sounds like you better pay a visit to www.irrigationtutorials.com - I think you need to do a little bit more homework before tackling this project yourself. Backflow preventor, wiring, all that good stuff. You also need to realize that 70 PSI through a 3/4" pipe is not the best idea. I would suggest at least 1" for your application. Check out that website, it is filled with excellent information for planning and installing a sprinkler system.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 8th 2005, 2:30am

Try to describe your scenario in more detail. With the appropriate nozzles, a 20x40 area could be watered by three Hunter PGP rotors, even with less pressure and a smaller supply pipe.

Just for the heck of it, I will assume you have an unelectrified outbuilding with a 3/4 inch waterline near this lawn area. For this, I could see a battery-operated antisyphon valve, put together from three separate items. First, the anti-syphon valve -
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=132
Next, a battery-powered programmable valve actuator -
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=900
The last piece is an adapter that allows the Nelson actuator to fit a Rainbird valve (Model 77468) - {no picture available}

Rate this thread