You are not logged in.

tozar

Friday, July 1st 2005, 3:43pm

Poly fittings to sprinklers?

I'm in the process of putting together a materials list for a sprinkler system on this site. I've found just about everything I need.

I would like to connect poly from the valves to the sprinkler heads using 1 inch poly. The sprinkler heads have 3/4 or 1/2 FPT and I need 1 inch poly to MPT for these sizes. I see the swing pipe fittings, but the size is not listed for the poly connection. It just says 1/2 MPT - no 1/2 MPT & 1 inch poly for the specs.

Am I missing something or is it assumed to be 1 inch poly?

Also, the poly (funny pipe) 100ft rolls, is this 1 inch 100 psi?

I would like to go 1 inch from the valves all the way to the sprinklers.

Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 1st 2005, 9:25pm

Two ways exist to get from the one inch poly to the sprinkler heads using funny pipe (often designated with a 3/8" size on the insert fittings) - You use 1" x 3/8" insert couplings or tees, or use 1" insert by female pipe thread tees or ells, and thread a funny pipe elbow into the female threaded insert fitting.

tozar

Saturday, July 2nd 2005, 5:38pm

Thanks for the help.

I'll use the 1" poly X 1/2 FPT and 1" poly X 3/4 FTP combination "T" and ells to MPT funny pipe straight and ells.

I didn't see the 1" x 3/8" insert couplings and "T"s.

It's alot easier if I can see all the parts in front of me. Going back and forth with web pages is a pain trying to see what fits together and what doesn't.

Rate this thread