You are not logged in.

Starting Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2005, 6:22am

Dressage arena

I am trying to layout coverage of a 20x40 meter dressage arena and I need some help. I want to build this myself but I am having trouble laying it out because I have to take into account 2 things at this point. one is that the spinklers will be 16 feet in the air pointing downward. The second is that I don't know how much saturation each part of a 360 degree circular sprinkler give. What I mean is cann I assume 50% more saturation of water withing the first half of the sprinklers radius? Or should I assume 25% more saturation. what would the saturation levels be as you go fuirther out in the arc.

1-5ft 5gal/min
5-10ft 3.5gal/min
10-15ft 1.5gal/min

If I am using the wrong teerminolgy please let me know.

Also if there are any web resouces that would help me layout everything that would be greatly appreciated.

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2005, 2:52pm

It doesn't matter if the sprinklers are sixteen feet in the air. Sprinklers designed to run upside down may be hard to find. Sprinklers that spray out at a flat angle aren't so hard to find. They probably still make brass impact heads that will do that (agricultural sprinkler heads, which are often mounted very high)

Advanced Member

Friday, June 24th 2005, 4:22am

There are very definitely sprinklers designed for greenhouse use that are meant to be mounted upside down. Check out something like for some information on one manufacturer's product. Unfortunately, I don't have any real experience with agricultural irrigation, and I'm not sure if anyone on the board realy does. Good luck.

Rate this thread