You are not logged in.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 7:06am

Congratulations on the new system. Programming the Pro-C controller should be a breeze. Its very easy to use, and have a lot of good features.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

bosakie

Monday, June 20th 2005, 11:23am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i>
<br />Ryan-
Looks like you've got a pretty decent start to your irrigation system. Good drawing, and you've done your homework as far as measuring water pressure and flow rate. (Which I would expect from a plumber!) I would suggest the Hunter products, but both Hunter and Rain Bird make a decent product.

For your front lawn area on both sides of the driveway I would suggest using rotor type sprinkler heads. Either the Hunter PGP or I-20, or the Rain Bird 5000 series, both of these sprinklers work well with the water pressure and flow rate provided. Same goes for the backyard, I would use a large turf rotor such as those listed above.

For your three strips of lawn on the outside of the sidewalks, I would use a spray type sprinkler head. The Rain Bird 1800 series is a good choice, but Hunter has recently come back with the Pro Series spray heads. They have a much better wiper seal and a much better spring in them, which in turn leads to better retraction of the sprinkler head after the zone turns off. (The 1800 series often has a problem of sticking up after the water is off).

For your controller I would suggest the Hunter Pro-C, it by far has the most amount of options and is very easy to use and program.

You are correct in the fact that you will need multiple zones, without proper dimensions, I couldn't tell you exactly how many, but you will need multiple zones. Also, because of the different precip. rates, you will want to seperate your rotor sprinkler heads from your spray type sprinkler heads. Any other questions, let us know.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">What is the average spray pattern per fact? Example; if I have a long run, 89 feet X 45 feet how would I figure out how many heads to put in this area?

Rate this thread