You are not logged in.

GirlGardener

Starting Member

Saturday, May 25th 2019, 4:58pm

Valve opens but no output, loud stuttering

Help! Totally befuddled.Spring start-up a headache.

Seven zone system, Box 1: zone 1-3 okay, at clock and at valve; Box 2: 4, 6,7: functionally ok (wiring issues notwithstanding) The most irritating problem-zone 5 irritrol (APR214) will not release water....opens manually at bleed valve and opens at solenoid turn (even turned on water with solenoid removed-water streams out) - water seems to backup with loud backflow/stuttering noise-no outflow. Hate to unearth the entire manifold below grade....because it would only be to replace the bottom half of valve-How could that (I) have failed???

Entirely replaced diaphragm and solenoid, checked various o-rings, removed riser spray heads on zone -first and last (no debris). Zone worked intermittently several weeks ago, although after the first few runs, I found flooding- a 90 coupler which had come apart due to root damage (roots had basket weaved between lateral line "spaghetti", a trench that included another zone's lateral, an outlet line from pump to street, 4" drainage line to pump. Opened trench for 15' glued 90 coupler, repaired 2" outlet (my unsupervised beloved hit with skillsaw while I was out) and repaired 4" drain line.) All lines clean and dry-hence blocked outflow line at valve not suspected (only 10' from valve box to first 90). Had previously flushed the line/zone 5-valve failed thereafter.

Any thoughts? What am I missing! Thanks in advance..

mrfixit

Sunday, May 26th 2019, 4:56am

I'm not sure what an APR214 is but I think i know what you're talking about.

Buy a whole new valve and swap out all the parts. Make sure you get APR and not DPR.

If you want to post a pic of the valve, go to www.tinypic.com, upload your pic, then cut n paste the "forum" code to your post.

Rate this thread