You are not logged in.


Starting Member


Saturday, April 13th 2019, 11:02am

replacing leaky valve

My Rain B ird valve is leaking. It was installed by the original homeowner in December of 2005. It is an in-line valve, it has a square (versus hexagonal on newer models) solenoid, and one large handscrew on top, similar to the flow control handscrews on newer models. I can't find a bleeder valve unless this handscrew is it. If I want to replace the innards and solenoid, what new valve can I buy to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help.



Posts: 2,337

Location: USA


Saturday, April 13th 2019, 5:23pm

Maybe you could post a picture of the valve. Go to, upload the pic there. Then cut n paste the "forum" code to your post.

Rate this thread