You are not logged in.

dzuroff

Friday, April 1st 2005, 6:25pm

Riser Installation

I have an older system and the turf has built up over the years so I want to install risers to raise up the rotor heads about .5 to 1 inch. Each rotor is connected to what appears to be a male reducing elbow. It seems like everywhere I look I only see female reducing elbows. Is it possible that the elbows I have could be female reducing elbows with a short riser already threaded in place? Or is there such a thing as a male reducing elbow? Would it be easier for me to simply replace each elbow with a new female reducing elbow?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 4th 2005, 3:22pm

Easiest is to add a 'riser extender' fitting to each head you want to raise. They'll give you about a 3/4 inch rise. Male reducing insert elbows for poly pipe are uncommon. On an older system, you're looking at a pipe nipple in a female reducing insert elbow.

dzuroff

Monday, April 4th 2005, 7:37pm

That is exactly what I need however is it available in 3/4"? The only riser extender I have found is 1/2" and I believe I will need 3/4"

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 5th 2005, 9:37am

Yes, they do make a riser extender in 3/4"
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:42am

add flex pipe and you can pull rotor head up as you need to , just add enough pipe.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

dzuroff

Monday, April 11th 2005, 10:02am

I have been looking everywhere for this 3/4" riser extender and I keep hitting dead ends. The one I have in mind is similar to this link: http://www.starnursery.com/show_details.php?root=4&sub1=54&product=820 but in a 3/4". If this is not available can someone please direct me to where I could find a 3/4" riser extender? Thanks for all your help. If I can't find what I am looking for I may go the route of using funny pipe.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, April 11th 2005, 10:51am

Try looking in the PVC Schedule 40 fittings at your local Lowe's. I know I've seen a riser there (male thread on one side, female on the other). The only thing I'm not sure is the size (i.e. did I see it in both 3/4 and 1/2 or have I only seen it in 1/2"

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 12th 2005, 5:39pm

<b>434-007</b> is the 3/4 inch riser extender part number. If you don't find any in stock or on the net, you can order a carton of 50 from a plumbing supply.

Rate this thread