You are not logged in.

BTanner

Friday, June 4th 2004, 8:26am

Rain Bird or Hunter

I am a homeowner and I'm installing a 12 zone system. Looking for a controller that is reliable and user friendly. I've been looking at the Hunter Pro-C with the 3 and 9 zone expansion modules (for a total of 15 zones) and the Rain Bird ESP-LX Plus 16. Thinking that if I buy a controller with more than 12 zones I will have room to grow. (Maybe add some drip irrigation to plant beds later) Can someone please point me in the right direction?? Thanks

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 9th 2004, 2:31pm

You would like the ESP LX....I do! I use them all the time!

radical

Tuesday, June 15th 2004, 4:43pm

Rainbird has released ESP Modular Controller this year but it can only be expanded to 13 stations. They are more compact than the bulky Hunter Pro-C, which is a good controller, but I would have to agree with RVLI on the ESP LX-16. I've used these controllers for all my large installs and they have never failed me - and I live in "Lightning Rod" Florida.
Richard Kersten

S&R Sprinkler Systems and Landscaping, Inc.
Destin, Florida

BTanner

Wednesday, June 16th 2004, 4:00am

Thanks for the replies, I have purchased the Rain Bird ESP LX-16 from the warehouse and installed it on Monday. Looking to install 12 zone 101 head (31 rotors and 70 sprays) system this weekend, wish me luck!!!!

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 16th 2004, 8:52am

Awesome. have fun
Thanks,

Pete

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 9:20am

use a hunter icc then.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 7:41pm

Good luck with your install, hope you enjoy your new controller. Good choice with the professional grade material
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread