You are not logged in.

Wednesday, August 15th 2018, 12:43am

Micro sprinklers, drip emitters - brands?

I know most landscape professionals hate Orbit and big box stores, but what about drip irrigation emitters, micro sprinklers, micro sprays, etc.? Are there any tangible differences between the established brands (e.g. Rain Bird), and the brands sold in big box stores (Dig, Mister Landscaper, Orbit)?
Which one is the best brand? Is their assortment of emitters and sprayers comparable? Does the brand matter at all for longevity and reliability of these items, or is all that matters whether I like the spray patters of a particular micro spray/sprinkler/drip emitter?
Notably, the big box stores also sell some Rain Bird drip items, but they have to be ordered, while they have other brands in the stores.
Also, for emitters, how does Netafim compare to Rain Bird or others?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wanttowatermyplants" (Aug 15th 2018, 1:13am)

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 12:33pm

Being in the business, I’ve ran out of Rain Bird while on my route. And I use my house as a testing ground for a variety of products. I can tell you that the Mister Landscape Drip Line (real flexible stuff) will pop off fairly easy when it gets hot. The Micro Emitters from Dig, as well as the manifold they provide are junk. I only use the full circle (not steam full circle) Rain Bird Micro Emitters after trying our nearly all the various brands. And to answer your question about drip line. IMO Netafim is the top of the line.

Rate this thread