You are not logged in.


New Member


Thursday, June 21st 2018, 9:34pm

Fittings for testing pressure on backflow

My system runs from the water meter to pressure regulator to the backflow preventer. I'd like to test the pressure after the backflow preventer so that I know what pressure is feeding into the system, but I'm not sure which fittings I need to do so. The test cocks look like 1/8" male flare, but the 1/8" flare fitting I tried didn't seem to fit.

What is the recommended way / fittings / pressure guage to test the pressure from a test cock?


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,294

Location: Metro NYC


Friday, June 22nd 2018, 10:26am

try 1/4-inch


Active Member

Posts: 42

Location: Washinton


Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 7:59pm

All backflows should be 1/4" threads, some of them do have flared fittings in front of the test cocks, but those can be removed. Like these here.
Simply unscrew them out of the test cock and then you can screw in a pressure guage, no need for fancy fittings most guages are standard with 1/4" pipe threads.

Similar threads

Rate this thread