You are not logged in.

waketige25

Saturday, June 26th 2004, 2:40pm

Attaching pvc to pex

I have dug out down to my service line, and I am ready to put my tee on. My house is supplied by a 3/4 pex (aquapex??, milky-clear flexible pipe), and I would like to attach a 'T' into it and run 1" schedule 40 pvc piping to my system. How do you do that and what different connections do you need? I am going to cut in between the meter and the house shut off. I have asked my local hardware stores, and they did not know.

Thanks, Dylan

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:19am

If the house shut off is after the meter, I wouldn't tap in there. You won't be able to shut the house water off while your tapping into the line, much less you'll have a wet mess, that you won't be able to shut off.

As far as connections go, a compression tee works for PEX.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 9:24am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If the house shut off is after the meter, I wouldn't tap in there. You won't be able to shut the house water off while your tapping into the line, much less you'll have a wet mess, that you won't be able to shut off.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not a problem if the meter itself has a shutoff.

waketige25

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:32pm

Thanks it got it all done, and I am ready to test the system tomarrow. Thanks for all the advice.

Rate this thread