You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rooster

Starting Member

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 5:32pm

Dead ants in controller

Howdy. I have a Weathermatic SL-1600 controller. It uses plug in 4-zone modules, I have 3 and use 10 zones. So this thing was getting really flaky, would only recognize 4 of the zones, etc. I thought it was shot and was going to order a new one. Out of curiosity, I took it all apart. There is a PC board in a swing out, an inside PC board, and PC boards inside each of the modules. Each PC board had the remains of dead ants in the pins of the board. I used a can of contact cleaner, toothbrush, and an compressed air gun to clean all the PC boards and the plastic case, then put it all back together. Powered it up, everything seems to be fixed. Works like new. :thumbup:

mrfixit

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 8:16pm

Good job! It sounds like it's good to go for a while longer. The only thing I ever see are black widows.

Rate this thread