You are not logged in.

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 1:28pm

Water coming through pipe under Sprinkler

I had a bad sprinkler head and it was leaking causing low pressure to rest of the heads in the zone. Dug down and repaired it with a new Hunter head. I ran the zone and worked. I shut off the zone only to notice water coming out of head. I do know it may have been due to being the low end, but continued for 10 mins. Then I turned the water flow off at the spicket on the outside pipe that runs from the house. The water continued, so too the sprinkler head off and there still is a slow rate of water coming out. Any suggestions what to do, would be helpful

mrfixit

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 1:46pm

If it's a 24 hour a day leak then the valve which runs that are needs serviced.
Water can't get to the sprinklers unless it gets past the valve.

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 1:58pm

I dont know if its 24 hr leak. I just got around to the head to replace, but chances are it might be as it was wet all around the old head. So it is best to not mess with the valve and call a irrigation repair guy to do this? Its only 1 zone and i will have to verify if any other heads are leaking. Would that be a difference?

mrfixit

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 2:33pm

There's a good chance it's only leaking out of one head. It just means it's a slower leak. If it's coming out of two or more heads there's more water getting past the valve.
Some valves are easy to repair, some aren't.
If you want to give it a shot, post a pic of the valve. Go to www.tinypic.com, upload your picture there then cut and paste the "forum" code to your post. I'll give you my advice if you should call someone or not.
Just call a sprinkler guy and not a plumber or a gardener or landscaper. You want a pro.

Rate this thread