You are not logged in.

RodneyB

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 11:26pm

Zone Problem

I have a zone that up till now has been functioning correctly. The problem i have now is that part of the heads that are on the run from the valve seem to be working fine which is up against the house. I have a t in the line that crosses the yard to the perimeter. Those heads seem to have low pressure. I have plugged 2 heads but it had no effect. These are all pop ups with rotator nozzles. I was going to plug all heads and turn on valve to see if i have a hard to see leak. I have dug up the run from where the t is that leads to the 2 heads and found no damage to the pipe. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

mrfixit

Friday, April 6th 2018, 2:58pm

There might be debris in the line clogging up that tee. Was there a repair done recently upstream?

RodneyB

Friday, April 6th 2018, 3:30pm

No, there have been no repairs. I pluged off all heads and pressurized it and let it sit for 1 hour and did not find any obvious leaks. I run the system off city water and i checked pressure at each head and they were all 19-20 lbs. Is that low

RodneyB

Friday, April 6th 2018, 6:11pm

I put a pressure gauge on a hose bib and i had 61 lb. of pressure. I then operated each zone and all zones with the exception of the one settled to 51-52. The zone i am having the issue with was about 36. Is that indicative of a leak? Thanks

mrfixit

Friday, April 6th 2018, 8:48pm

I'd say between the drop in pressure and the fact the heads aren't working indicates a break somewhere. It's probably between the last head that works properly and that tee.

RodneyB

Wednesday, April 11th 2018, 12:58pm

Leak was at the end of a zone. I was able to abandon that section. All is good now. Thanks for your help.

Rate this thread