You are not logged in.

Bart

Starting Member

Wednesday, October 1st 2003, 4:51pm

I want an all metal impact sprinkler.

Ive been searching all the sites that sell impact sprinklers for one specific item: an all metal pop up impact sprinkler.

Why? Well, when I was a kid, my dad had them. I believe he got them from a golf course. By far the biggest reason I want one is the satisfying 'wsssh WACK wssh WACK' sound they make. I dont care if my lawn is brown and dead as long as my sprinkers sound good [8D] Plus, all the crapy plastic pop up sprinklers ive had in my life just give me grief. A nice big hunk of metal will just laugh at grass that tries to push it sideways, or try to over grow it so it wont pop up. Plus, if I fail to blow it all out early enough for our hard winters, I think that a nice metal sprinkler head will be more forgiving of my neglegence.

My dads old connection (the grounds keeper let him in to 'steal' a few, for a bottle) is long since lost. Where can I find one of these solid beauties for my own yard?

Thanks,
Bart

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, October 6th 2003, 7:36am

I'm not sure where you could get one of those "metal beauties," but if you give up the search for metal I say go Rainbird If you want impact go with the maxipaw and if you decide to just go with a regular gear drive I recommend the 5004 plus. Excellent heads. I'm not sure how they put up with being frozen with water in them. I don't know if any sprinkler puts up with that very well. Well good luck on your search!
Bhungue2

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 25th 2003, 10:56am

rainbird carries an all metal head...its not in their website becuase its not a "hot seller" but their irrigation catalog has it..visit your local irrigation distributer
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Robbies

Wednesday, April 21st 2004, 2:21pm

Go with the Hunter I-20 Stainless steal Head. They work nice and are very easy to program.

Rate this thread