You are not logged in.

jsbeckton

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 5:39am

Getting the right pressure

My rain bird design came back specifying 45psi on the rotors and 30 psi on the spray heads. My static pressure is about 100 psi, need to check dynamic butI assume that I will need a pressure reg valve to drop the whole system (even though they didn’t show one) but will I really need to drop the pressure a second time for zones with spray heads to get them even lower? Could I just use smaller laterals for those zones instead?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 9:24am

Do some more testing and get those dynamic pressures - that's plural, because you should be able to create a table of flow rates matched up with supply pressures.

jsbeckton

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 7:41pm

Can you be more specific of where I need to check dynamic pressures? Right now all I have is a a tap into the water main feeding my Mainline through a backflip preventer. Water supply is 5/8” and Mainline is 160psi poly.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, November 6th 2017, 7:52pm

The point where you want to know the dynamic pressure is where the system supply taps off the main line feeding the house. Note that even though that specific point is the key, your actual point of connection for the pressure gauge can be somewhere else downstream, so long as there isn't any water flowing between the gauge and your tap-off point.