You are not logged in.

eclipse1

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 8:11am

Winterizing question

I have this valve that connects the main water line to the sprinkler system outside.

I haven't seen a valve system like this before so wanted to know if you could point me to the right direction on what to open/close and what port to use to blow out the system.

Funny thing is, I don't see any other box in yard beside this. Not sure where the valves are for each zone.

Have a 20 gallon compressor and all adapters. Please advise on a procedure to blowout the system.

Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 9:21am

There should be another shutoff valve upstream of this assembly, the idea being to have the ability to remove and replace said assembly. If you can find it, there might also be an air connection to go with it.

eclipse1

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 9:34am

There should be another shutoff valve upstream of this assembly, the idea being to have the ability to remove and replace said assembly. If you can find it, there might also be an air connection to go with it.
I do not see any other boxes, just within 2-3' of this box is the metal round city water access cover. I didn't try removing it. I believe you need a special tool to access or shutoff the water? So this valve has no air connection port?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 1:29pm

Show us a photo of the round cover. If it has a 5-sided bolt head visible, you can get keys for those.

eclipse1

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 1st 2017, 9:23pm

pic

Show us a photo of the round cover. If it has a 5-sided bolt head visible, you can get keys for those.

Found this other box nearby that was covered by grass. I think this is what I was looking for. Remove the pvc cap and plug in the air compressor there? So what would be the process for blow out?

Thanks in advance.

eclipse1

Unregistered

Friday, November 3rd 2017, 7:43am

bump!

Bump!

any clue what's the proper process to shut off the water to the sprinkler system and blow out? Do I shutoff all valves in the backflow preventer and open the PVC cap to attach my compressor?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, November 3rd 2017, 6:24pm

Proper answers are location specific. Nothing you have shown is fit for a truly cold climate.

Rate this thread