You are not logged in.

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 5:55am

All sprinklers on

Updated old system not working properly. Replaced all 4 valves and installed new controller. All valves come on at same time and stay on
For entire 2 hour cycle that we are allowed to water in our development. Used little screw to bleed valves and still no change. Wired all commons together (white) to one wire from each solenoid and then one of the color wires individually to each other solenoid wire.
Used hunter valves and orbit controller. Could all 4 new valves be issue.
At controller box common to C terminal then each color wire to individual # at box.
During watering times I cannot even control valves by setting controller switch to off. They all continue running. They only go off when the water to our street is off in our development.
It also seems if I completely turn solenoid to the right and completely shut weep valve sprinklers will not come on at all during watering hours. If I manually open either that zone comes on. And if I shut manually that zone goes off.
Our street is given water only 3 times a week Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Any advice.

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 1:18am

RE: All sprinklers on

Updated old system not working properly. Replaced all 4 valves and installed new controller. All valves come on at same time and stay on
For entire 2 hour cycle that we are allowed to water in our development. Used little screw to bleed valves and still no change. Wired all commons together (white) to one wire from each solenoid and then one of the color wires individually to each other solenoid wire.
Used hunter valves and orbit controller. Could all 4 new valves be issue.
At controller box common to C terminal then each color wire to individual # at box.
During watering times I cannot even control valves by setting controller switch to off. They all continue running. They only go off when the water to our street is off in our development.
It also seems if I completely turn solenoid to the right and completely shut weep valve sprinklers will not come on at all during watering hours. If I manually open either that zone comes on. And if I shut manually that zone goes off.
Our street is given water only 3 times a week Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Any advice.
It sounds like all of the valves are installed backwards. Try turning the solenoid about a 1/4-1/2 turn and see if the zone shuts off while the water is on.

Rate this thread