You are not logged in.

sunstone

Friday, April 2nd 2004, 1:38pm

bidding

i HAVE BEEN DOING SPRINKLERS FOR A FEW YEARS NOW BUT i WAS WORKING FOR SOMEONE. This year I went off on my own . So I am hoping to get some tips on how to price the many parts a sprinkler system consists of without feeling like I am over charging.

Tom

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 3rd 2004, 10:02am

How are you charging now? and why do you feel like your overcharging?

sunstone

Monday, April 5th 2004, 6:22pm

right now I feel like everybody is getting the deal of the century. I just dont want to over bid and I want to be competitive so right now I am not over charging. I just bid a job yesterday 820 ft of poly pipe, 18 3500 series rotors, 8 stations, 10 rb 1804's and 300 ft of drip system. for a grand total 1100 dollers for parts and 600 labor. I did not mark anything up the people got it for my cost. I just don't know how to do mark up with out going over board.

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 7:46am

Sounds way too low on the labor end.

How many days do you think it will take to install?

As a mininmum, You ought to be able to get 700 a day for a 2 man crew.

Your parts also seem high, you should look for a local wholesale supplier

sunstone

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 7:53am

I work by myself so I figure about 3 days, I think I am actualy around 700 for supplys.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 10:00am

Did you figure in the cost on valves, boxes, wire, fitting, backflow, and equipment rentals if any?

sunstone

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 2:41pm

yep. I have talked to a few people ant they say I should take my cost and times it by 2.50 to get the parts price.

Rate this thread