You are not logged in.

Thew60

Starting Member

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 9:05am

Low flow through entire zone

Good morning. I am new to this forum and I'm looking for some advice. I have an older 4 zone system controlled with Richdel 205 valves and a MOODY controller. I do much of the maintenance myself including replacing heads and fixing the line breaks. I do have it professionally blown out and started up though. I have four zones and I have low flow through ALL of the zone three. Opening the bleeder valve on that zone still shows low flow. When I feel the supply pipe that is above ground the flow through that pipe feels normal even when I open the bleeder. To me that suggests that there was a problem in the line not in the valve. I'm looking for some suggestions on troubleshooting as this may be a little bit beyond my knowledge base. Thanks!!

mrfixit

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 3:07pm

I'd start off by taking the bonnet off of the valve and inspecting the diaphragm. The older 205's diaphragm had a white plastic screw instead of the stainless they use today. That plastic breaks in half and the valve wont come on all the way. If that's the case, make sure you get that broke off piece out of the manifold or it could cause one of the valves to get stuck on.

If the valve's working correctly then look for a break in the line. Look at the spray out of the heads, can you see where there's a big drop in pressure from one to the next? Look there for water.

I don't know if you have poly pipes or not. They can get pinched from tree roots.